Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
[Searching for Jo]

"Yeah, I suppose it is like a torch," Carmen says. She had never considered it like that, but it makes sense.

There clearly aren't enough immediately around. "We...well, no, there's not a production place," she says since that's the easiest question to answer first. "The only locals who really know how to make it are, well, the leaders and their direct subordinates. Plus the gods, but they haven't been here in ages."

"So basically that would be...well, the leaders of the place locked up over there -" she points in the direction they can't go yet, "or, I guess, the paladins. They probably have a ton at their home base, and maybe we could find a few stockpiles around their outposts."

Carmen sketches a map onto the ground. There's a big X for the paladin fortress, a dot where they are, and smaller Xs for outposts, spaced pretty evenly around the whole area. "This outpost and this outpost are pretty closeby to us," she says, circling two of them, "so they would be decent choices, I think, if you don't want to go to their homebase."
Searching for Jo]

The torch metaphor is something Fade can understand. It's a thing of light and shadow. Since he is a shadow he knows this well.

"I think we should avoid there homebase." Fade says. "As you mentioned they brought you here and I don't think they like to see you going around freely. I'm not sure how they react to me, but from experience it wouldn't be in our favor."
He then points at the closest outpost he can make out on the map.
"Let's head there. Unless you know someone who we could negotiate with. I am able to copy the ability to make the stones, but only if we can make them agree on thier own free will."

He doesn't go into details, since many people refused his request after hearing the way he does it. Even thought it doesn't harm the people it's not really something they want. Maybe it's the sideeffect that he copys more then just one ability.