[Sans Swordwoman]

"I..."
"No, I haven't asked them."
Seems like the obvious solution, but Venus just hasn't done it. "I don't think they're very reasonable people, but. . .I guess I can try."

Venus drinks from her juice before answering about sports biomechanics. "It's not as exciting as it sounds," she says, underplaying how exciting it actually is. "It's just looking at the biomechanics during sport stuff, instead of, like, machine interactions or orthopedics or just heart and blood stuff. I've done things like designing sensors and ways to analyze the bone stress during skating, to improve training, and motion capture during sword fighting, and athletic prosthetic stuff. Y'know. Just...normal things."

And yes! That is a lot of question.
Venus drinks more and more, to give herself time to sort through the questions and sort them between 'probably should answer' and 'likely less important' and so on.

"So my friend... she's June. Basically pretty much she's my sister." They definitely could be sisters, based on how closely they look alike. Biggest difference between them is that one is inhuman and wears dresses while the other has a slightly larger chest and short hair. "And, y'know how there was a Buttercup invasion thing going on here some time ago? I got caught up in that. Changed basically everything about people: names, memories, personality, body, etc, but because of June and probably also because I'm a bit of a special case, it didn't do that much to me."

"And, um..."

Venus tries to rack her brain to remember what he's referring to with some of the other questions. When did she say something felt wrong? There's a lot she thinks that might refer to that. Is this referring to that papery thing, or the cultists, or her(?) changing/her memory(?) changing? There's been a whole lot of things that have been wrong thid morning.
She decides to just not answer that question and leave it at that. If it's important, the wuestiont will come up again.

[Perfectly Normal Walk]

It's a huge relief that there's bioluminescent ferns. Better to see everything. As he passes one, he makes sure to pick some fern. It'll be really helpful on the way out, June thinks. He puts it in his shirt, since he doesn't need it now.

That other person he met earlier is taking a huge risk by distracting them, so he has no choice but to take the most direct route. The longer he takes, the higher chance his helper gets caught or trapped.

He doesn't run but he does go a little faster than usual, like someone who has somewhere to be. Definitely belongs there.
Also, he sticks closer to the walls. Got somewhere to be, but not in the way.

He hopes this works, and works quickly.

[Searching for Jo]

Torches is also a really clever metaphor.

"Yeah. If we can avoid the whole group, that's probably a good idea."

Carmen looks over the map, and then tries to think about the best way to get to the indicated outpost. "So that's...right there the swamp is a bit deep, so...this way."

She starts off that way, going towards the outpost. "Remember last I was here was a long time ago. This outpost probably has nobody that likes me, but once we get to the succubus place, might find someone trustworthy enough to negotiate with."

The way to the outpost is pretty calm. There's some wildlife off to the right – some purple crocodiles, a jaguar sitting in a tree watching them pass, and another jaguar that starts following Fade and Carmen as soon as they pass it.