1. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Psionics Reloaded-the Psion and Psychic Warrior; ALL DISCIPLINES NOW COMPLETE (PE

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewery Psion Text
    At 1st level, you know four Talents of your choice from the Psionic Talent list, as well as the Talents associated with the Disciplines you know (see below).
    Two questions about this line of text from the Psion write-up.

First off—the text says a 1st level Psion gets four Talents, but the Table says that a 1st level Psion gets two Talents (eventually learning a third and fourth as they level up). Which of these is the case? I'm used to text trumping table, but I suspect the opposite is the case here.

Second—the phrase "as well as the Talents associated with the Disciplines you know" is confusing to my brain. Does this mean that a Psion automatically knows the Talents from their Disciplines (in addition to those they use their slots to select)? Or does it mean that when picking Talents, a Psion can pick from the general list or from any associated with their Disciplines?

Looking forward to your answers regarding these questions! I absolutely adore your work on 5e psionics, and am excited to include it prominently in the next game I run.
    Last edited by Blueiji; 2021-06-08 at 09:59 PM.
    You found the hidden text! Have a cookie.

Thanks to The Stoney One for the awesome avatar!

Spoiler: My homebrew!
    Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    Quasi-Elemental Genasi (Plus New Feats and a Subtype)!
    My Extended Signature!