View Single Post

Thread: Multiclassing/Dipping Shame

1. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Multiclassing/Dipping Shame

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfFighter View Post
    When one player is running a min/max character he will be happy when he gets to shine, but when the chips are down, he's taken some crits and his build isn't carrying the day he will start berating the rest of the players for not being sufficiently min/maxed. Then follows the backseat driver stage where he tries to manage the other character's actions. Being told what your character should do is toxic.

-DF
    I was once playing a monk. The great tactical plan we had come up with went south due to the other players waffling and not attacking when we had planned. I ended up on the other side of the enemy encampment fighting the boss with them further away than they should have been. They were dealing with some mooks and had already dealt with a brute in between. The boss hit me like a truck a couple of times and I hit him back to where he was noticeably injured but no firm figure on how much hp he had left. I was on low hp and started bonus action dodging with my ki and kept attacking hoping to finish him off first. This was a death at 0 hp game. I bonus action dodged for 3 rounds and missed all my attacks. I made sure the other players knew I was on low hp hoping one would move my direction and heal me or attack the boss. No one attempted to help my PC and he ended up dying.

It's pretty frustrating when your team doesn't follow a simple plan that ends up with you in a bad situation and then doesn't help you in any way through that bad situation. I didn't berate anyone but I can understand why someone would. It was pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by Frogreaver; 2021-06-09 at 12:10 AM.