Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Towards Delmah Phor

"Magic ducky. Put it in water and it'll lead you to where you want to go. Except it's quite quick, so I'd not recommend putting it in a river or something. Works like a compass, though. Yeah. This way, guys." Jack gestures forward and leads the way, looking both ways before crossing every road. Kinda needed, too, there's a lot of vehicles about, and they're a mishmash as well. Howdahs on the back of triceratops, hovercraft, cars from electric self-driven limousines all the way to Ford Model Ts, and even steam engines and battered, recycled cars with no engines pulled by horses or weirder things.

"So, uh, always look both ways. There's a lot of traffic. I don't have a car, if I need to get around I generally fly if it's in Inside or I'd try the Riftline. That's, like, a load of the cars all on a single rail that they can't leave, but it goes really quick and it goes everywhere. Riverside, Skyside, most of the larger locations Outside, parts of Seaside, and the big organisations, too. Merc, the Good League of Good, HALO, and Vigil. Merc does mercenary and adventurer work, so if you're planning on making a living by beating people up, talk to them. The Good League of Good mostly do volunteer and charitable work, they've got a campsite out in the wilds, I hear. I've not been there, though. HALO I know nothing about, just the name. Heroic, uh... nope, can't remember the acronym, either. I think it's interested in magic. Vigil look out for the big stuff. Anything that threatens one of the cities or the world, they try to stop. I think they're quite successful, because we're able to be walking around, right? Nothing like continued existence to prove the people dedicated to stopping the end of the world are doing their job." Riftline's a train, or maybe a monorail. Earl can't remember. HALO does science research, but, well... Jack doesn't know the difference. And I think they're interested in magic as well.
"Pft! Come on. We've all been in the world-saving business long enough to know it's 90% downtime." Vlad chuckles.

"For you, maybe it is." Rose deadpans.

"Hey, like Confucious says, 'choose a job you love...'"

Rose gives him a friendly punch in the arm; their agreed-upon way of saying "touchè". Vlad humors her by rolling it a little, hand over where she'd hit it.

Eun looks around at the anachronism cleverly disguised as a city street, trying to make sense of it all. It said something when their shadowless bird-lady of a guide didn't break the top ten when it came to "things wrong with this picture". How were these triceratops surviving in an atmosphere like this? Why were those hovercars still spitting exhaust? How did all of these animals get about without making a mess of-

sqlch

"Ewewewewewew-" Eun cringes, wiping her shoe rather forcefully against the sidewalk with each step, trying to scrape the muck off.

Miranda, however, was listening intently to what Jack was saying, a notepad in hand, jotting down everything that sounded relevant; which is to say, everything. "So, what parts of the city do we need to avoid?" She asks. "I mean, everyone you listed off is presumably on the up-and-up, but surely not everyone who ends up here is so well-intentioned..."