View Single Post

Thread: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

1. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

"You can't escape us Naximarra! We have your blood!" I call after the retreating dragon, indicating my and Elkist's bloodied swords. "You think we'd let you go after a threat like that? We can track you to the ends of hell itself! Come back and face your end with dignity! Or yield we may yet be merciful. If you make us do this the hard way we'll just dig you out of whatever hole you go to ground in!"

"Constricting Chains!"

Even as I weaken slightly, luminous chains burst from the swamp to bind the dragon in place, preventing it from moving away from us. As a further security, I grasp the metamagic rod hanging from my belt.

"Quickened Control Winds!"

Winds swirl around me as I mutter words of command too quiet for the dragon to hear before the previously light winds raise to a howl, threatening to check her progress and bear her back to us. An eye of calm surrounds the party however.

"Well, let's go get her." I suggest to the party, preparing to summon my griffon when I next get a chance. "If she doesn't yield then we'll probably have to kill her."

Spoiler
    Show

Holy Word -> Constricting Chains (sanctified).
    No save, no spell resistance. Range 240ft.
    Strength DRAIN (1D2)[1]
    The creature is entangled, taking a -2 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to effective Dexterity. Moreover, the chains are anchored to the nearest immobile object (usually the floor), preventing the bound creature from moving. An entangled creature attempting to cast a spell must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

The chains automatically constrict the bound creature for 3d6 points of nonlethal damage per round unless the caster (as a free action) commands the chains not to deal damage during any given round.

The constricting chains have AC 20, 5 hp per caster level (maximum 100 hp), and damage reduction 10/magic. They are immune to energy-based attacks, nonlethal damage, and all spells except dispel magic and similar effects. They are not subject to critical hits. Half of all damage dealt to the chains (rounded down) is transferred to the target.

A successful DC 32 Strength check breaks the chains and ends the spell. An entangled creature can also attempt to escape (requiring 1 minute) with a DC 40 Escape Artist check.

Note: A clumsy flier must maintain forward speed to remain aloft or it will fall. This spell prevents that.

Quickened Control Winds (Air Domain Spell Level 5) using metamagic rod.
    560ft radius Windstorm directed toward the party. Large/Huge Creatures are checked. Large flying creatures are blown back. Fort DC21 negates.
    80ft diameter eye of calm around the party.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-06-14 at 05:08 AM.