Set Al-Sayyid
Changeling Fighter/Hexblade
AC: 17 HP: 36/36 [44]
PP: 11 PIv: 12 PIs: 9
Conditions: Iumenta Pox (-8 max hp); 3rd level Aid for 8 hours (Mal, +10 max hp)
Concentration:

Bence's Home

Set slowly digests the words doled out by Selissa. She never said much. Asking her to say more right now about the incident that lead to her losing an arm seemed like it would be too much, despite his own mounting curiosity.

"He sounds powerful indeed to have wrought such an arm. No doubt he would make a good ally," Set says, staring into the flames before glancing back at her. "It suits you." A pause stretches out to fill the space between them as Set tries to find the right words to explain further, but after a few moments he abandons hope of figuring out how. Instead he moves away, keen to investigate the man-of-stone Mal had summoned.

With mounting confusion, Set watches Ulu bow to the "Honored Elder" who now held Bence's axe in his belt. Did Ulu know? Was this the Elder? Or was that simply a phrase she'd used, and this thing was simply another power granted by Mal's true-Elder. Set holds his tongue, thoughts swirling as he examines the scholar-statue. It didn't feel like an Elder, or at least it didn't feel like the Shadowkeeper, but the booming, gravely voice gives him pause. If anything, Soreshu's regal, commanding tone sounds more like what Set thought an Elder or even a God should sound like. The Shadowkeeper's voice was altogether different. Even in the confines of his own mind, Set felt his nerves fray every time that voice echoed through his thoughts.

All Aboard the Stagecoach

Set is slow to keep up at first, but eventually he realizes that they're talking about the coin as if the imp still lives within it. Split in two, perhaps it was just a coin, but fused together it was alive?

Turning to Mal, Set answers him. "It did not cheat or harm me. It may not be innocent, but it is not guilty of that." Meeting Mal's golden gaze, Set's mouth twitches as he considers the tiefling's words. 'A tool with dubious designs.' Set is one such tool, though what his master's designs are, he doesn't fully understand.

It felt wrong to think of weighing in against Selissa when her outlook mirrored Sythpen so perfectly. She was only concerned with what was right, regardless of the cost. And yet her choice of words triggered something in him.

"An 'evil little thing,'" Set says, the words coming slowly. "There was a time when that would've been enough. I would've known the right thing was to kill it and cast it into the ground," Set says cautiously, watching Selissa. "The world used to be simpler. I used to know what good and evil were, and if I didn't, my brother and sisters would remind me."

Set looks to Vargath. "Are werewolves evil? If you turn, am I supposed to try to kill you?" Set shakes his head, breaking into an inappropriate laugh. "Maybe I am, for all the good that would do. Even with His power, I couldn't hope," Set begins, faltering after referencing the Shadowkeeper.

A few heartbeats pass, and then Set says, "I was glad of the chance to help Dam'ess, and I would do it again, but if you ever become the wolf howling at the door..." Set shrugs, biting the inside of his cheek. "Someone else can hunt you." I already killed Sirus.

Set looks back to Selissa, but he's unable to hold her green gaze. "I am not a good man. I don't think I'm an evil man, but I've done some terrible things. Things that no good person would ever do, for any reason," Set says, wiping away a phantom splatter of blood that had erupted from Sirus' mouth and splashed across his face when he'd run his brother through. "Things that can't be undone." The Shadowkeeper's laugh wasn't there, but Set could hear it all the same.

"I meddle with devils, of a sort. Worse even, I am bound to Him. But," Set says, looking back up finally to meet Selissa's eyes, "whatever else I may be, I'm here. If Moira lied to us, I promised I'd follow you to make sure she doesn't lie further. If you go charging into the abyss tomorrow," Set continues, turning to Vargath, "I'll only be a few steps behind you." Looking to Ignacius, Set pauses a few beats before saying, "if you fall ill tomorrow, I'll do whatever I can to ensure you get better. I am sorry I didn't believe you in the first place when you told me I was sick. Hopefully I can make amends."

Set had accepted a glass from Mal, but left it untouched until now. Taking a long drink, Set lets the burn wash down his throat before continuing. "In my homeland, we always say to take whatever water is offered. I don't know if this thing is worth the trouble, but I'll not be the one to turn away any sort of help after everything we've seen these last few days. I'll use what's at my disposal, cursed or not." Shrugging one more time, Set looks to Vargath, Ignacius, and Ulu. "Do you wish to cast this evil thing aside? I'll not object further. Just remember the company you keep."