1. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Madness of Men in a World of Monsters (D&D 5e IC)

Northwest of Dam'ess- Stagecoach Interior

Ulu, finished washing her hair, sets about rebraiding it, adding the beads not at random but with dedicated purpose. Though it looks difficult, a pattern is already appearing in the beads- black and white geometric shapes tinged with deep greens and bright reds. She waits for each of you to weigh in before giving her very measured response. "It is not my place to judge. You have five people in your party, which is a sacrosanct number without ties. However, Vargath is right. Devils always crave more and more. But if you temper your reach with that knowledge they can provide you with things that no one else can, or at least that no one else is willing to give. I am... familiar... with counting devils. They are less powerful than imps, with no poison or invisibility to protect themselves. They are also easily cowed into submission. If you never, EVER forget that their job is to corrupt you into greater deals with greater devils, they can be quite useful. In Nguni, the wealthiest families often use them to manage their finances. Their math is impeccable, whether it is cataloguing your gear or managing your coins. Besides tempting, they exist entirely to count. In the Nine Hells they are often abused and relegated to counting the same thing over and over again, and therefore they relish coming to our world to count new and interesting things. If you show it interesting new things, treat it with respect, and never forget it's true nature, they are capable enough tools that will act with some degree of loyalty. But as I said, you are five, and a sixth only serves to muddle your discussion. I will leave the decision to you, with the assurance that the coin is not tainted by the Abyss. The Hells come with their own danger, but they do follow agreements to the letter." Soon enough, Ulu's braids are restored, and with an entirely new pattern of beads that is too careful and meticulous not to hold some significance. She draws the string on the bag of beads and secures it to her belt.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-06-14 at 12:18 PM.
    The Bear is Back.