View Single Post

Thread: Champions of the Spheres - IC

1. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Champions of the Spheres - IC

There's silence for a moment, as the echoes of Targan's call die away. He waits, refusing to move further in. But just as Raeh is entering the building, suddenly you all hear a cry: "Strike them down, men, I'll have no thieves on my watch!" A large kenku wearing a crude metal circlet leaps from behind the statue, sword drawn. At the same time, a rain of arrows fires at both Raeh and Targan. Two strike Raeh, who collapses to the ground again. Another hits Targan in the chest and he collapses too. The kenku with the circlet points its sword at Targan's throat. It calls out to the rest of the group in a voice that sounds like a frightened young man: "I'm warning you! Stay where you are!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Targan is 20ft in front of the statue, next to the kenku with the circlet. Raeh is in the entrance. Everyone else is some distance away, though Targan's call means you're closer than you would have been; I'll say that it will take your full movement for the first round just to reach the entrance, and if you want to go beyond there you'll have to Dash.

One arrow came from each of the side archways, another came from behind the statue, and the fourth from the greenery on the right.

The kenku rolled extraordinarily well, I'm afraid, both on initiative and attack rolls. Raeh is hit by two arrows (attack rolls 21 and 23; damage 5 and 4). Targan is hit by one (attack roll 21; damage 6). The other missed, but unless someone has a way to negate that I'm afraid that seems to be enough to knock you down!

Everyone, give your action (or make your death save).
    Last edited by pi4t; 2021-06-17 at 12:35 PM.