1. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    After the first 10 floor one I have a decent amount of the hero gear- mostly notable for Tifa, but some of the others let me clear up inventory /dust off a few others (I totally forgot I had Tellah's earth chain, for example). The drop rewards were mixed, I did get a 6* mote (as in 1) and some crystals.

Also rather convenient for Magia, especially if you have somebody with instant turns and/or AOE.
    Lower difficulties (the 5-floor ones) are really easy to farm for magia. I just bring three realm teams and the corresponding historia crystals. At lower difficulties, the crystal either 1-hit KOs enemies or brings them low enough to make autoing a snap.

The drop rewards are indeed mixed, although occasionally you also get hero gear as a drop, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Oh yeah, wasn't even thinking about magia. Nice.

Me, I'm loving this whole labyrinth thing. Much more fun than I expected. Plus, I actually use Nanaki and Tifa, getting their HE is nice.

Admittedly I went in without paying much attention, slapped a few different teams into slots 1, 2, 3. Turns out teams 2 and 3 stole a lot of gear, ability, RM from team 1. Team 1 got hosed in the first difficulty 300 labyrinth. Need to do some more careful team building. 'Specially the limited RM.
    I warned you it's not duplicative. That said, especially, at low levels, it's not too hard either. Just fill in the blanks with, say, some W-casts.

Keep in mind that while higher levels may have a better chance of dropping better modifiers on hero gear, you can just as easily farm the lower difficulty ones. So if it starts looking dicey, don't think you'll be locked out of content. Personally, there are two or three levels on the far right end - as well as the superboss - that I'm basically a hard "nope" on. But I've still got lots of the gear with good modifiers and at level 99.

Speaking of level 99, here's another valuable point - you can keep enhancing the gear after it hits level cap. Much like with normal gear, you can use labyrinth rosetta stones to enhance its stats. But in addition, if you use hero gear to enhance hero gear, you add +3 instead of the +1. Moreover, if you use the same piece of hero gear - like Tifa's Premium Heart to enhance a level 99 Premium Heart - that +3 becomes a +5, and you can still inherit the bonus skill on the gear. So, that's a pretty good use for all those duplicate accessories you're likely to wind up with.

Keep in mind also that once you've cleared a stage, you can use a Record Marker to quick clear it - meaning that you spend the stamina cost and a record marker, and automatically complete that stage and collect the rewards. Sure, you miss out on magia, but there is zero fail chance. And at higher difficulties, you may even pick up record markers doing this, effectively refunding the item cost.

EDIT: One final note. If you're willing to engage in a bit of micromanaging, it is apparently possible to swap those RMs around. Set up your first party and save Hero Outfits for every single member. Do the same with the other two parties. Then, before deploying any party inside the labyrinth, simply go to your Modify Party option and select Party Outfit to automatically fix the RM, equipment, and ability assignments of your active party. At least, this is what I'm told.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2021-06-19 at 01:43 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!