1. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things in RPGs that you used to like but don’t anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    "We recognize that we have no clue what 'realistic' looks like, therefore we no longer attempt to change games for the purpose of making them more realistic" is a consistent and highly self-aware stance.

"We recognize that we have no clue what 'realistic' looks like, therefore we now reject anyone's attempts to change games for the purpose of making them more realistic"? That's a bit trickier.

I guess it depends on what the post I was replying to was attempting to convey.
    I mean fair enough. I was commenting on the likelihood of anyone playing an RPG actually knowing real world probability distributions of tasks they're attempting to determine success/failure for. E,g. Basic resolution mechanic

But tracking back the comment chain, it's possible that it was more about totally ridiculous outlier results that are sometimes included in games

e.g. x% chance per attack you fumble and stab yourself, and y% chance on crit table that stabbing yourself nicks a femoral artery and you die