View Single Post

Thread: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

1. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK's Age of Worms IC pt4

I nod in acknowledgement of the dragon's decision, then begin quietly praying to construct the spell. For almost ten minutes nothing much happens, but as the spell nears completion I speak aloud:

"I, Mirriana Conlan, Sheriff of Diamond Lake, Chosen of Mystara, Champion of Greyhawk, and Heir of Zosiel, Quest you, Naximarra Ilthane's daughter, to atone for your past misdeeds, to learn how to live unselfishly and control your darker instincts, and to want to."

"For the Duration of this Quest you, Naximarra, shall not cause harm to befall by action, or knowingly by inaction, to any sapient creature."

"For the Duration of this Quest you, Naximarra, shall not attempt to circumvent this Quest."

"For the Duration of this Quest you, Naximarra, shall take tutelage from Archmage Manzorian or his duly appointed persons and submit to any additional securities he may deem necessary. "

"For the Duration of This Quest you, Naximarra, shall undertake any tasks set by Manzorian commensurate with your atonement and study."

"This Quest shall be Discharged when Archmage Manzorian, being satisfied you have fulfilled the terms, releases you."

With a final flourish the spell discharges, a shining mark of obligation hanging in the air above Naximarra's forehead before fading to invisibility. I smile kindly at the Dragon, waving my companions back. Another wave and the storm around us vanishes.

"I appreciate this will be difficult for you Naximarra. I don't desire to add to your humiliation, therefore I will stick to practicalities. You will find Archmage Manzorian at the Fortress of Unknown Depths. It is formidably defended and you will not be welcome unannounced. Instead, go to the town of Magepoint and wait. Tell them Mirriana Conlan sent you and arrangements will be made. Go in peace."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-06-21 at 07:06 AM.