Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
I do the benevolent version, to be sure. But, this time, I built a Vault that looked like a Vault, with corridors and cielings and such, not just "Let's slap enough beds in a giant open space and call it a day."

However, I now ran into a problem. I played through Far Harbor and got into Nuka World, did most of Nuka-World... and found out that now I have to establish raider settlements over my Minutemen settlements. So, I either have to mess that up, or pass up on the two perks you get from Power Play... or just start over. Again. After about 144 hours in that playthrough. So I kinda hit a conceptual wall.
And if you accept ANY position with the raiders in Nuka-World, then Preston basically tells you to shove it and refuses to deal with you until the end of the game.

The 'best' way to handle Nuka-World is to skip Preston's introduction entirely, go straight for Nuka-World, do the whole Nuka-World thing, then once you've gotten the two out of three perks you want, THEN go rescue Preston from the Deathclaw. Then he'll point out that he doesn't want to deal with a raider boss, so if you want to prove yourself, you can go off them and reclaim the settlements for the Minutemen. Which means talking to the slaves and enacting that whole quest to kill the raiders.