Quote Originally Posted by Arkhios View Post
If you're taking requests, I was just now wondering that if you could, how would you build Trevor Belmont from Castlevania?

I think he might be some sort of mix of a paladin and Monster Hunter, wielding a flail, a whip, or both, and a short sword, switching between them as needed. Athletic and acrobatic AF, as well as both strong and agile.
I think you have pretty much got it spot on - Monster Slayer makes perfect sense thematically, and I see Trevor as a DEX build since he doesn't wear metal armour and although physically fit and athletic he's typically not stronger than most other humans. I think he'd have Two-Weapon Fighting as his Fighting Style in order to alternate between his short sword and whip/morning star as required, though he's not really an outdoors kind of person so he'd probably stop taking Ranger at level 7, picking up Supernatural Defence but not necessarily Land's Stride.

I think that Paladin is also a great call, with Smite standing in for the explosive effect of his Morning Star sacred weapon.
Oath of Glory Paladin probably fits his abilities, although the theme is a little wonky. The subclass spells are mostly self-buffs like Heroism, Magic Weapon and Enhance Ability which suit his athletic ability and apparent lack of magical skill - he's not one to throw around fireballs, but having been 'trained to be a warrior' he could get away with bursts of strength and speed. Similarly, the Peerless Athlete divine channelling seems perfect for representing his prowess and acrobatic fighting style.

If not Glory, then Vengeance works quite well, too - thematically more appropriate, and similar self-buffs and abilities that make himself a better warrior rather than causing AoE damage like Sypher, or obviously supernatural shapechanging and telekinesis like Alucard.

Finally a dip into Rogue for Expertise (Athletics) and a little Sneak Attack? He's not above fighting dirty, but that's just pragmatism rather than dedication to a fighting style, so I don't see him as having a Rogue Subclass.

Monster Slayer Ranger (7), Rogue (2), Glory Paladin 11
Two-Weapon Fighting, Peerless Athlete, Expertise (Athletics)
Feats: Alert, Defensive Duellist (Or Duel Wielder?), Lucky

Seems about right, to me. I *might* have swapped Monster Slayer Ranger for Battle Master Fighter if I just wanted him to be better at fighting things and employing martial training "tricks", but either is pretty close.