Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
For some reason I thought Sylvie altered the bombs so that they would destroy everything in a radius around them rather than just variants, and they would only destroy variants if unaltered.
Spoiler: time bombs
Show
I'm pretty sure the bombs don't just destroy variants, they destroy an entire section of a timeline somehow. They destroy a sequence of events. I don't think Sylvie needed to modify anything, she just had them rigged to go the through time portals to different locations along the timeline. And based on what she did next, I assume her plan was to cause enough chaos to get most of the agents to leave the headquarters to put out fires so that she could break in and kill the Time Keepers. Since she didn't just set off a bomb in the place, I'm guessing she doesn't want the entire TVA apparatus destroyed, just the leaders and their allies. Although, it might be that the bombs don't work in the TVA city because it is in some sort of timeless dimension? Although I'd think it is just in a far future, not actually outside of time.