Hello, fellow playgrounders!

I'm currently recruiting for a Burning Wheel game:

Kings & Pawns

The lands of Mithardia have known war for too long. The aggressive and expansive humans pushed against the lords of vast forest, the elves. Elves fought for survival, human nations fought for their progeny and for vengeance - the elven dominion over them ended long ago, but the nations had a long memory when it came to slights. Dwarves fought on both fronts - they sold their weapons and allowed both sides to hire their help, but when they found out that humans raided even their settlements to gain advantage, and that elves decided to keep their weapons and offered just promises, their greed took over.

War was fought for so long, that neither side really remembered what was the true reason.

And then the orcs came and attacked. Their black blood was spilled too, but there were too many, and they were able to bear their losses better than any of the races. Only truce could be the way to defeat this new threat.

Messengers were sent. A quick truce has been negotiated. Three armies, the Free Nations of Men, the Elven Kingdoms and the Dwarven Host met the Horde in field of battle and prevailed. For now. The orcish horde was battered, but not broken. They would return.

Leaders, with their entourage, most trusted advisors, guards, friends and some enemies (to keep them close), were to meet and discuss how to tackle the new threat. A location was chosen - an ancient fortress, abandoned long ago, with no lord or master. Servants and spies were dispatched to prepare for the grand ocassion, when the most powerful of the age met. To forge a lasting peace? To prepare for another war? To betray? To help?

Nobody really knows what happened, but the events shaked the world and changed it.

You will know. You were there. You know what transpired.

And this will be the story.

The plan is to run a series of games, using Burning Wheel Gold rules. Let me start with a small disclaimer: I am completely new to BW, so mistakes should be expected and I plan to limit the scope of the first game, slowly unfolding options for the next ones. Characters will be reused or will be created anew, but whatever you gained may be transferred to your next character.

My original idea was to start a game with representatives of "civilized" races meeting in the end of a great war in ruins of an ancient city to stop the violence and discuss how to divide the world amongst themselves, and then continue playing in the world few hundred years later, with the world changing based on your influence.

We already have 2 people interested, but I'm looking for an additional 1 or 2 players.

If you like Burning Wheel or you want to try out something new, join us here!