1. - Top - End - #831
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 4: It's not particularly silly, is it?

[The Enchanted Forest => Frescot Residence]

When in doubt it's probably best not to question the Dreamlands.

Or question literally everything, maybe.

There's significant overlap between what should and should not be questioned.

"Yeah I'm coming, too," Melissa says. Just a little girl in a frilly black and white dress with a forked tail and cat ears. Definitely nothing to see here, folks. "Those dumb ugly goblins grabbed me from my school I've gotta get home my parents are going to be worried. Do you guys live Inside? Do you know where the closest train station is?"

Probably even her dumb fat brother is worried about her.

But she made it out... mostly okay. Right?

Heading back up the stairs Adir will find himself stepping out from under Cassie's bed, the first rays of dawn beginning to filter into the still, empty house.

That's...

That's it then, right? The nightmare is over and everything is fine?

What about the changeling?

[Sunny Orchard]

Sandy beats a hasty retreat!

The does make some disappointed noises but none of them follow our hero.

Thankfully.

Not too long afterward they'll arrive at a small clearing in the trees with a large, flat stone in the middle. One can actually see the sky here, an insufferably warm summer haze. The rock is quite hot to the touch, but that's probably just because it has been subjected to eternal summer for who knows how long.

Several Drakes land on the rock and begin basking because of course they do.

"Hey, so, it sounds like you lost some time," the Pixies point out.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-07-05 at 10:15 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.