Clytemnestra

The elven woman smiles and leads Lord Kirsch back toward the guest Library that Spycrist had introduced her to, and continues the conversation here (once she confirms that the room is still unoccupied)

"I've already swept this room for listening devices. We should be able to speak freely here.

"I believe that your analysis of the realpolitik of the situation is completely correct. In title, Emalia rules this land, and in theory the cousin is heir to this estate. But functionally, it seems likely that Neomund and his followers have solidified a hold over this place.

"For reasons not yet clear to me, Duke Orbal seemed very interested in me on the way here. Perhaps he thought that, as a grey elf, I am more part of the power structures of this place than I really am. He is looking for money and power to counterbalance the end of his regency over his son's affairs. Perhaps he sees his next pivot point, so to speak, as being here, either with Emalia or within a new household structures. Certainly, though, he evinced none of the distaste for magic that Neomund seems to have. And if he's half the warrior that Lady Wassername described, he'd be a useful ally in case the need to help reassert lawful authority becomes...realpolitik."

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Metastychydium, my eyes are fairly crap. If we can take as assumed that the two of us are speaking quietly to each other, could we just keep to the default font size? I have to adjust the page magnification each time just to read your posts.