[Blind Date]

They weren't holding hands. Luckily June has now corrected that oversight, which puts a smile on Mei's face and should keep anyone from falling behind.

"Okay, sure, I didn't expect that you had been. But I bet, if you made enough small-scale predictions, before you knew it you'd have a feel for medium-scale predictions, and then...eventually, a whole planet." Mei tries to explain. Just takes practice. Way too much practice to be, uh, practical, most of the time.

"I really didn't come here because I knew it though, I came here because it was a good mountain!" And really, how can you know it's a good mountain if you haven't been there?

[Seally Plot]

"Don't worry. We've done this sort of thing before."
"I mean, and it worked."
Anchor hastily adds.

At that mental sound, they begin the next big step.

Cleo sweeps her staff up into her hand, and the silver bells at the end start ringing, jingling merrily, and she opens her mouth to put voice to the sing-song patterns of the spell.
Her voice is cold, and it hurts to hear it, and the bright chiming of the bells becomes a deep and distant funeral toll. There's something very final about the sound, and it might be frightening even beyond how frightened Zophiel was before - ceasing to exist is close at hand. But the sound is unmistakably calling to Zophiel. This way.

If he follows that call (as the magic is increasingly pushing him to do) if he does that, and also if he has something you might call a soul, something that makes him himself, well, that soul will be taken away, placed in the bright green jewel at the center of the contraption that the wizard has set up, and be moved somewhere safe(?). If he doesn't have anything like that, if there is nothing more to this paladin than the intersection of these four decaying seals and his history, well, then that fact will be made obvious.