Also someone please protect me tonight from the likely nk, I am glad town was able to get a scum (and a pretty big power too) off the table, but if I die (or am roleblocked) tonight, I won't be able to provide much in the future either. I think Flat flipping Alien Overseer should prove that I am not also Alien Overseer at the very least, so if I have accurate faction info, then I must be town, as the other scum teams can't provide that info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
One important question first.
Do you mean claim right now? Or only if you are about to die to a lynch.
Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
Are you suggesting everyone claim alignment cards dealt now (or at least at daybreak) or near death?
I can see either working well. Baddies might lie, but they might lie regardless of the plan. Whoever got dealt Serial Killer (even if they didn't pick it) might be inclined to lie, as having been dealt it would give suspicion you picked it. I guess Survivor might feel a touch similar, if they don't want that known, but I think the risks of them revealing are low.
I can see an argument for now, as potentially a lot of folk might die tonight.

I think I'm persuaded about revealing the power portion of cards near death. If you'd be so near death you'd claim to try to stay alive, you might as well say your cards, too.
Yea, I figure claim faction now, as Jeen said, we are likely to have lots of deaths (unless everyone just tried to kill me and I get super murdered). I agree we can assume baddies are gonna lie no matter what and the info doesn't become useful until way later in the game when we are trying to find the last few baddies, but it is good to have it now. I can also see claiming something false now if you are survivor/serial killer (or discarded those cards), and only revealing the truth when it gets closer to a lynch for you if you suddenly feel like helping town.