Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
The game keeps hinting at Saber Raikou Minamoto, but all the hints suggest she would be very boring. Stern, no quirks, more boring, no real gimmicks. Rider Kintoki acts basically the same as normal Kintoki, with maybe only the slightest ability to be talked into other plans. We got Non Zerker Lancelot, and he just ended up being Dead Beat Dad who's looking for a stepmom for Mash. Lancer Lu Bu would be cool, but when a guy has the nickname "the Betrayer" he might not be all that neat to hang around. We got Saber Fran, but all she really does is talk a little more, just to complain about heat. Who also basically got her joke stolen by Anastasia, but also might be keeping Summer Anastasia from ever happening as they would basically do the same gimmick. Beowulf would do nice as a Saber, as he is literally only a berserker due to his name having the same root as the term. However he loses his swords like constantly. You cant have a guy be the Saber class when his biggest thing is breaking his swords and resorting to his fists, with that working. That sounds a lot more like a berserker to me. Hijikata might do as a Archer or Saber, but as an Archer he would be stealing Nobbu's gimmick of being a Archer with Muskets, while with his sword he would be Okita but Buster. And we already have plenty of Buster Sabers. Xiang Yu really should have been a rider. I guess they were more going off the "abnormal thinking" that Berserkers have kind of been shifted to be.
It's almost as if cranking out endless variations of the most popular handful of servants has caused a problem of having a lot of one-note characters defined by a single personality trait and/or repetitive gag.

While that may sound like arguing against my previously stated desire, I don't think it is. I would like to see characters who got shafted in the personality department get another variant. I am not particularly interested in more versions of Artoria, Jeanne, or Nero. Sadly, that's where the money is (or at least where the devs think the money is) and so we are about to get our... sixth version of Artoria, counting the Alters?

Speaking of which, the described Saber Raikou sounds an awful lot like Altria Alter - all business, no personality. No thanks.