View Single Post

Thread: Songbird race! (And other stuff.)

1. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Songbird race! (And other stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Meltdown (Su)
    Celestial stags desire to reach the surface world without exception; however, allowing them to do so is extremely dangerous. Upon exposure to natural light, a celestial stag's body begins to melt away and the resulting liquid soon evaporates, turning into a rapidly expanding cloud of noxious gas dealing 18d10 points of damage to every living creature within a 1 mile radius. The affected area becomes poisonous thereafter for 1d12 weeks, dealing initial and secondary damage of 1d8 Con to any living creature that enters it and fails to make a DC 19 Fort save. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +4 racial bonus.
    I'm not really familiar with 3.5e monsters, but this seems highly excessive for something CR 4. I'm imaging some lich capturing one to teleport into the middle of a major city.

I'd maybe up the CR and quantify the spread of the cloud of gas.

Edit: I really like the harvestman though. A mechanical "creep out" effect is really neat, particularly because I think the players would assume they're going to get jumped by something else while dealing with it.
    Last edited by sandmote; 2021-07-10 at 07:17 PM.