Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
The additional problem with Artoria in the original story is her route in the VN is the worst. Its loaded with all the world exposition as well as setting up the poor ideals Shirou has that the next two routes tear down. So not only is she held back by having less character then the two sisters, her story has to pull triple duty of being her romance route, world building, and character establishment of the (problematic)main character that the other routes then put through character development. Artoria barely even fights in the first route due to Shirou's issues.

In terms of Nero being A Saberface, lets not forget she was The First Saberface. And she was made to be a reverse of Artoria I feel. Boastful, outspoken, and quick to love others while Artoria was humble, subdued, and held her feelings back. Even her dress is reversed, being red and showy while Artoria's is blue and plain.
I don't know if I would call it an additional problem or the root cause of the issue. Though I suppose it is telling that additional works like Hollow Atraxia only cemented my opinion of Artoria. And Fate/Zero for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
And who is herself a Saberface. And has an Alter that's another Saberface, and a summer version that has a class that makes no sense for her to have. And all of this is (at least IMO) waaaaaaaaay too much investment into a joke that was really not funny to begin with.

If it were up to me, Nero would not be a Saberface and the entire Mysterious Heroine line of characters would simply not exist, nor any of the lore connected to them. Alas.
It would help, that's for sure. Though honestly, Artoria is the only time I feel the 'was secretly a female in history' plot point was actually used well. Atilla I'd say is the absolute worst and even comes off as vaguely insulting.

Maybe Nobbu as well. I mean, I laughed so hard at 'Real Deal Nobbu' in this GudaGuda. And I suppose we could only have that because of the whole making her female thing.