Ugly thought: If GG at the beginning of the hobby hated the idea of Paladins massacring children and Rich Burlew in the current hobby hates massacring children , how did the signal get garbled? The only conclusion I can draw is that the game is , to some degree, being played by players who have no problem whatever with killing kids.

It's not that these people are ignorant and need educating in the ways of righteousness; it's that they know very well what morality is and have deliberately chosen to ignore it. And for them, this is "fun". Otherwise why are they doing it in their spare time?

By all means, let Rich try to educate them. But if they've already chosen to disregard ordinary morals and the message being hammered by fantasy writers for more than a hundred years, I don't think they're suddenly going to start listening now. That's willful , not invincible, ignorance.

It doesn't really say much good about the health of the hobby. It's why I took a ten year hiatus from it. The one bright spot is there are tables out there where these issues are considered seriously. I only hope gleeful genocide is not the hobby's default.

Respectfully,

Brian P.