Default Re: Iron Crisis Part 2 (IC)

Caelyn Syol'arael
    Wood Elf Druid
    AC: 15 HP: 47/47
    PP: 17 PIv: 10 PIs: 17
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating on:

Morning Meeting

Caelee couldn't help but feel some resentment and revulsion that their mystical sibling bond had been... polluted by the miniature devil's metaphysical presence. Any feelings she had on the subject were immediately quashed by Sam's massive wing span. Her mouth dropped open as she watched them stretch and flex to either side of him, but she is too stunned to point. The spell is broken the first time her brother takes a face plant trying to flap around, however, and she begins to giggle watching his attempts at flight. She knew that more powerful druids could change into birds, bats, and insects that could fly, but she had no way of knowing when she would become strong enough for that. Still, watching Sam made her yearn for that day.

The Augury

Caelee wasn't precisely thrilled to be volunteered to take part in Grepha's ritual, but she didn't speak of any inconvenience or annoyance, instead wordlessly following her sister and the imp into the ruin to read the future by divine will. She wonders a bit at Senna's carefully crafted candles and occult office set up, taking a position off to the side to bear witness, remaining silent for now.

The Burned Forest

Guilt and wonder did battle in Caelee's chest as they crunched through the ash fields that were once as thriving forest. Without thinking much of it she began scooping handfuls of charcoal and ash off the ground and drawing druidic symbols across the exposed skin of her body, focusing on her arms, face, neck, and chest. This was her way of mourning for what she had destroyed, reveling in her power to do so, and praying for nature to reclaim what was lost. By the time they had arrived at the scene of the battle, she had silently written her sins across every bit of exposed flesh on her body. While her siblings rooted through the flames, she silently looked on. She had interest in the longbow, but that could wait for later.

Approaching her siblings and speaking for the first time during the whole trip, Caelee looked mad, with sigils and symbols scrawled across her body. Her voice was passive, calm, and collected, as though she had done much thinking and resolved herself to her next steps. I am sorry if it slows our journey, but I need to spend half a day here. I must commune with nature, commune with this staff, so hungry for destruction, and atone for what I was forced... no... chose to do. If you all wish to go without me and have me catch up, I will understand. But I must do this.

That being said, Caelyn began tracing new words and phrases in druidic into the ash barrens she had created with Osmadi's staff. Sigils of rebirth, renewal, and recovery, of spring's promise and summer's bounty. If you would revel in destruction, staff, revel in rebirth as well. Druidism is about balance- life and death both have their time and place, and I will not have you become a thing of evil and pain. With this ceremony I commit you to not only to fire, but to the fertility and fecundity that comes next. You belong to me now, and I am more nuanced than your last master. The entire time, she focused on her chanting, her breathing, her connection to nature, and the staff in her hands, seeking to bring all of them into harmony with her spirit. The sorrow. The hope. The promise to do better tomorrow.

Whereas most spells released from the body with the speed of one breath, each word, each breath, and each step in this dance of renewal seeped a little magic into the soil, enriching it and calling to the dormant seeds that had fallen in the fire. Grow. Replace that which was lost. Replenish. Remake this land anew. And it was a dance, moving in time to what nature told her, scooping and throwing ash to sanctify this baptism by fire. This went on for hours... and hours... and hours more, without stopping to eat or drink. For eight hours she chanted, communed, prayed, and enriched the land. When she was done, she fell shaking to the dirt. The last thing she did to finish the ceremony was take the dryad seed from the bottle on her belt, dig a small hole in the ground in the earth, and plant it deep, scooping soil and charcoal and ash over the top of it, all while whispering one last apology into the hole with it. Finally finished, she stood up, leaning heavily on the staff. She cast the same spell again, but this time released all the magic in one moment, a blast of druidic magic which would initiate the process of healing.

Spoiler: Druidic
    Show
    I do not promise that this will never happen again, but I do promise that I will return to this place, and any other place where I choose to bring purging fire, and cast this ritual once each year until the forest is restored and balance is achieved. On my power, on my life, and on my spirit I swear it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ritual casting Plant Growth for 8 hours. If I can use that time to investigate the staff I'd like to do that as well, but I understand if you insist I can only do one thing at a time. Once that is done I'm dropping another third level spell to cast Plant Growth in one action for an immediate explosion of growth. I'm not sure how that will interact with the dryad seed, but let's find out!
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2021-07-15 at 08:36 PM.
    The Bear is Back.