Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
Wait ... how did Killmonger throw that missile? He was just an ordinary human (albeit an exceptionally well-trained and deadly soldier) before taking the Heart-shaped Herb.

Anyways, I'm always a fan of "What if" stories.
My guess is that this is the other half of the T'Challa as Star Lord episode. With the heir gone, they might have sought out Killmonger at an early age to be the new heir apparent (or the grief of losing his son may have prematurely ended T'Chaka and left his brother as new king). He may be a gentler version of the character who was raised, at least partially, in Wakanda and now is Black Panther. And because he is, Wakanda is now more involved in the world, hence why he'd be in Afghanistan saving Tony. There's no guarantee any of this is true, but it would make sense.

I've been excited for this since they announced it a couple of years ago. And the fact that it is animated is better, because it makes it easier (and cheaper) to get as many of the big people back as possible. What If? was always a fun comic because you got to watch butterfly effects at work and get all the pathos of major character moves like deaths and relationships without the lasting issues those can cause. Plus, sometimes they could just get downright ridiculous with things in a free-wheeling way that isn't possible for a ongoing series that actually progresses from issue to issue instead of remaining episodic. This show will hopefully be similarly fun (and based on the trailer and such, we have every reason to expect it will).