[Volcanic Fields]

One of the elders nods.

"Yes, but it burns with a divine flame. We know of its resting place. An old tale tells of a day when the Five Eyes will be united again. To think my tongue would taste of such an auspicious season," the elder says. "Sssnek shall accompany you to the human village. He knows the way."

Apparently Sssnek is the warrior that came into the village with Kothar.

It's really too bad no one is around who would get that really great pun name.

Lost on all these people who speak Draconic.

Anywho!

Quest continues!

Sounds like this part will be mostly non-combat maybe hopefully?

[Wrecked Motorway]

Tristan winces at Green's actual appearance.

"Geeze they really went all-in on the Terminator look, didn't they?"
he mutters. Then shrugs. Then stretches. "Well, I think I'm up for a walk. How far away was your settlement again? What about you, Endurance? Do you think you're good for a midnight hike?"

Hopefully his name is for more than just show.

"Can't say I've ever played cricket before. My college didn't have a cricket team," he admits. He has in fact done some sports, just not that specific sport. "I've played soccer, or football if your prefer, if that counts for anything."

[Hopelessly Lost]

"But going off the trail is what got me lost to BEGIN with," Khannie objects. "I went off to look at a neat flower just a little way into the woods and when I turned around the trail was GONE!"

Which Khannie thinks is absolute nonsense.

If things get twisted up that bad just by stepping off a trail then there should definitely be warning signs.

(There were, Khannie just didn't read them.)

"So I went back the way I had come in and I found this road and I've been following it hoping it would go back to the monument," Khannie explains. She thinks this is pretty solid reasoning. By extension, going off the trail again would just get them MORE lost, right? AND there is a TON of tall grass off the trail it might be full of wild pokemon and she hasn't got anything to fight them with. The little girl huffs, trying to make sense of this terrible bad situation. "I'm Khannie Vallarm. You better not be one of those things that steal names otherwise I'm gunna deck you right in the nose if you try to take mine."

Khannie needs to set some boundries here.

And apparently so does the tree because it just scooted away from her.

That sure got her attention. She scrambles away from the tree a few paces, raising her fists like she's getting ready to throw down in a boxing match against a pine. When it doesn't do anything further she goes, "That's weird," and steps forward to touch the tree with her hand. "Hey can hear us mister tree? If you can sorry I kicked you I didn't know you could feel stuff."