Quote Originally Posted by Yirggzmb View Post
In my experience, looking at an eclipse is dangerous because you're still looking at the *sun*, except now something weird is happening and you want to look at it. So yeah, uv most likely. But no more dangerous than usual except for the new incentive to do it. Once the sun is 100% covered, you actually can look at it safely.

My sister and I drove to get into the path of totality for the 2017(?) eclipse. Weirdest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. 100% recommend btw. But yeah, the exact instant the moon had moved enough to let that very first ray of sunlight through again, I could feel the heat on my hair again even though the world was still dark looking. And also hear my sister go "ow" because she hadn't looked away yet. Even a single ray of sunlight packs a punch.
It was something about how your pupils dilate in the low light even though UV (undetectable by the eye) is still being emitted by the sun's corona.
It was in a thread where someone made the analogy that the sun gets an attack boost when at low health. Then someone made the better analogy of an eclipse being the sun equipping the moon for a bonus to sneak attack.