View Single Post

Thread: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

1. - Top - End - #893
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

Wrecked Motorway

"Breathing fire is very useful. We're almost out of matches, so we try to keep our fire burning. We've not had to light it for over a year, now." It's tricky keeping it lit, and a horrible job for somebody in summer, but not as bad as it can be during a storm.
    "Yeah, I'm not a robot or a dragon-man. I'm a wanderer. The world I'm from had shooting stars a year or so before I was born, then dead people started growing flowers and walking around. My mum was in a group called the Children of the Love-Mother, they roamed America in a convoy of motor houses before, looking for the promised land. Turns out, the promised land's on Highway 26, since that's where the supply truck broke down, so they formed a car-wall around it and named the place End of the Road." Not the best place to settle, nor the best reason to stop, but if you can't repair the vehicle you're carrying your most important stuff on, then you have to make do.

The girls will lead the way, slowly but confidently. They're used to sneaking around like this, and Endurance is also quite light-footed. Despite coming from different worlds that underwent different apocalyptic events, the ability to get around without being noticed has proven useful to both.

There's not going to be any interruptions my end en route, but that doesn't mean no interruptions.

Wasteland Campsite

Frigate joins them in running out, trying to get in the way a little as he does so, to slow them down without it seeming deliberate. He's a sailor, so theoretically doesn't get involved in chases like this often, but he's not the most subtle of individuals so there's a risk of being caught. He will stop- probably in front of someone- lower his volleygun and pull the trigger. He's aiming it high, and directly at the source of smoke, so despite the spread and massive boom none of the nine musket balls should hit a goblin. It does at least remove the possibility of using the weapon later when he's more likely to accidentally somebody he doesn't want to hit.

If the nine musketballs do all hit the same thing, it will make a mess.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2021-07-23 at 06:04 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!