View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - IC II

1. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

Exchange

Kennoch's helmet tilted down, maybe a nod of relief, or resignation, or anger. Or all of them. Still, this was probably the best he could hope for.

"Lord-Commander Absalom Lord Absalom Commander is well aware well. He supports all supports proper institutions proper." Kennoch wondered what else he could say, what defense he might offer, and finally just turned and gestured to the caged pirates. "These will not will not be the last last last. I will make I will contact again contact when I have more I have." And presumably not before.

Mechanicus

Ignatius's reaction made Echo sit up with more attention. He wasn't surprised to hear that the augur came from a terrible place, but the Factor's insistence brought new clarity. Should he destroy the device? Not long ago, he would've done as advised. Now, though, part of him worried that in doing so, he might be throwing away a useful link to his enemies. What if the augur could still serve some purpose? What good was it to melt one tool to slag, if it meant leaving the workshop that produced it intact?

"Conviction alone is not enough..."

"Thank you, Factor thank you," Kennoch said truthfully. "I will consider I will what you have said have. I hate to I hate trouble you further trouble with these dark matters with these, but your mention mention of the Screaming Vortex Screaming Vortex leads me to leads something else else I recently learned recently in my travels my my travels. Do you know do you about anything called anything the Thirteenth Station Thirteenth of Passage Passage Passage Passage?" He didn't expect Ignatius to tell him much, but confirmation that Sargon wasn't outright lying, or nudging him toward a clever trap, would go a long way.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2021-07-25 at 03:28 AM.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon