View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

Well, I've received 2 opinions on the "short rest FP redistribution -> long rest redistribution" matter, both from players with Fin primary experience (once of which is as above [thank you for the input! :D], other off-site). Naturally, they have the exact opposite view. ;.;

Edit: To share more, the other one was Fin/Orifice/Eye (older version of all of them) at level 11+ and they frequently changed between scouting / party bus / pure combat builds, and would have had "a lot less fun" if they had to wait a long rest in-between.

Anyone else have input they'd like to give on this matter?

Edit 2: Having a limit to how much you can change during a short rest would most directly resolve all of these concerns but how to simply word it - as in *very* simply as this is a core class mechanic and *any* additional complication could turn groups off of it - is tricky.

Edit 3: Maybe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (_) Advanced alterations
    You gain 2 form points at level 1, and gain an additional form point at each subsequent level. These form points are used to pay for Advanced alterations, and are regained when the chosen alterations are removed. You may redistribute up to half your form points, rounded up, whenever you complete a short rest. You may redistribute all of your form points whenever you complete a long rest. Advance alterations do not inherently change what you look like - although they may give additional options when altering your Base alterations.

??

I just need to find some people with zero knowledge of the class to see if that makes sense..

Edit 4: Wait, no, that leaves open the possibility of double short resting. The number of players willing to do that is tiny, I imagine, but it'd be there. Hrm.

Edit 5: Maybe something like.. (quick draft)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mallable Form
    Starting at 9th level, you may redistribute up to 5 of your form points when you complete a short rest. Once you’ve redistributed a total of 5 form points this way, you must finish a long rest before doing so again.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2021-07-25 at 05:01 PM.