1. - Top - End - #198
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Need your help picking a Commander!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by "interactive" a bit? People tend to use that word in a few different ways...
    Something a bit less solitaire-like.

I usually don't like MTG all that much, as many of the most powerful cards and combos work without really involving your opponents or completely remove their ability to respond. For instance, an infinite damage generator isn't about removing key creatures from the board, but is instead about dealing so much damage that your opponent can't do anything about it.

It can be a bit like solitaire sometimes, with players trying to race towards the finish.

But I'm more interested in Chess. Your play effects what I do, my play effects what you do. That kinda stuff.

That's why I originally went with Feather. Since he synergizes with spells that target my creatures, and what spells I am recycling is clearly telegraphed, my opponents are constantly having to guess what tools I can pull out to solve a problem while also watching my mana.

The more I play, the more interesting the game gets. I want to avoid the situation where a player just recognizes that there is nothing they can do that can matter, and that can happen a lot at high level play.

Which is my dilemma. How do I balance power with fun?
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2021-07-27 at 12:41 AM.