Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
Okay, I'm being completely serious with this question, but why is this a problem? Or, to be more specific, what does changing the Wheel of Time in this manner 'fix'? What is being fixed by altering this?
Well, when fans get invested into something, when a story is apart of your life enough, a bit of someone's identity is invested into it just by spending so much time in it, whether its intentional or not. another part of someone's identity might be being transgender. some of these people might feel a desire to make sure there is self-consistency between these parts of the identity that is the self. other transgender people might not care of course and they don't have to care, but neither does it mean those people have a right to say those who do care, to not care about making these parts of the identity consistent.

since we're focusing on fixing the problem, the concerns of those who don't care, aren't really important to the discussion, to my logic. what do they have to gain from stopping people from trying to solve it for themselves? nothing. it is illogical for them to offer "help" through the advice "you should stop caring like me", because the premises are fundamentally different and thus not conducive to productive discussion.