Honest question: am I doing a bad job of explaining myself?

Because this
Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
Here, I'll make it easy for you. If you're born with male private parts you channel Saidin. If you're born with female parts you channel Saidar. You can identify as whatever you want, but it doesn't change what you were born with. Just like in real life.
is literally my proposed fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
1a. Access to the One Power should be sex-linked instead of gender-linked.
Make channeling dependent on sex instead of on gender. That way people who don't identify as their birth sex can still channel without causing problems throughout the worldbuilding. Simple. Clean. Inclusive. Requires barely any changes to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Also Me
1b. What effect does this have on the story? As it stands, this literally only affects Aran'gar, a character so minor that most people in the other thread couldn't remember his name (I had to look it up for this thread). After being put in a female body, Aran'gar would need to either now be channeling the female half of the power, Sai'dar, or would need to be compared to actual trans people in the setting to show that he is an explicit exception to the rule. Or you could cut this character after his initial death; many fans probably wouldn't even notice.
So genuinely, if someone could point out to me what about my writing is making it so easy for people to miss my point, I would be extremely grateful, because I am obviously doing something wrong, and I would like to improve it.