Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
I don't think you're explaining yourself badly, it's just that the solution you're trying to explain is really counter-intuitive and confusing.

Your "solved" version of the Wheel of Time has people who are born male, with male bodies, who channel the male half of the True Source, but who are still female. So, in your version of WoT . . . what makes these characters female, exactly? The fact that they say they are? If so, then you've basically redefined the words "male" and "female" to be totally transitory and meaningless . . . while leaving the categories of "biologically male" and "biologically female" just as ironclad and important as ever. I really don't see how this helps anyone, or anything.
Indeed. It makes sense from a "the universe is an unfair and unjust place and thus if the the True Source is a materialist physical apart of that cruel unfair materialist injustice that trans people face" perspective as it reinforces the struggle against such an injustice. but it provides little help in how someone would solve that in this world. its real cold and uncaring.

the alternative from a spiritual interpretation of the True Source is to say that everyone who is born with a form of channeling that doesn't match their sex means they are transgender and that you can prove this by having all the characters with channeling that doesn't match their sex turn out to be transgender and thus use their channeling mismatch to channel their bodies to change into their preferred sex somehow, which is how I'd do it but others would argue doesn't really capture the struggle of being transgender by making it too easy, which I guess is valid criticism.