Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
There's also the possible interpretation that it's a utopian state in that regard, where everyone is born with their physical sex matching the gender they're most comfortable with. Nobody seems bothered in the series, after all, save Aran'gar.
I mean you can, technically.

I just don't know if the reaction to that would be positive, because yes you can technically say that from a perspective of pure logic? But......that doesn't mean the reaction would be positive? because it can be interpreted either as "the trans people all get their ideal bodies" or...it can be interpreted as erasure. its tricky like that, because if you go that route, it can be seen the same as not respecting transgender people at all by saying they are never born thus Wheel of Time has no place for them. its one of those things where ironically by saying the problem never happens your potentially disrespecting the struggle of the identity thats trying to solve it, because the imperfection of it existing in the first place is what the identity is about. like Poeticallypsycho's version still make sense even if the story of that would be dark, depressing and full of stomping on hearts to make transpeople go "oh thats so sad! I relate to this struggle against cold uncaring things defining me not as who I truly am", but it might work. you on the other hand, might actually be proposing something that could make people mad, I think?

I know, its probably not rational for the fantasy to be "my fantasy was born with this imperfection like me but through their struggles manages to get rid of it and become their ideal self" instead of "my fantasy was just born without this imperfection" but you can say that for a lot of fantasy heroes really. for some reason humans when telling stories really go for that journey part for it to work.