Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
If someone wants a simple answer, this would be the simplest of answers: Egwene walks through the tower and sees an Aes Sedai that looks like man but channels Saidar. She if confused but someone explains the Aes Sedai is a woman who just happens to have a male-looking body.
This takes maybe four sentences, or five seconds of screen time? It acknowledges that - like intended - humans work the same in Randland as in the real world, trans people exist, they channel according to their gender, no issues whatsoever.
There is enough variety in the cultures from which the Aes Desai draw their recruits that the answer to "why are you dressed like a man?" could very reasonably be "I'm not" (for a real world example, consider that kilts are a form of male attire which have the same general appearance as skirts). It could also reasonably be Min's apparent answer of "I prefer pants to skirts."

Also, transvestite = transsexual probably isn't exactly a great way to go about being inclusive, and adding a bit character whose only purpose in being there is, essentially, to make Egwene - or anyone else - go "what's with that freak?" seems to me like a pretty bad form of tokenism.