Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
The slimegirl nods. Yup! He got it.

She leans her head against her hand again, waiting for him to say something. Oh, if she could talk, she would say sooooo much! She would probably talk about literally everything.

What would she talk about, anyway? Probably everything, but what specifically?

The slimegirl points at Arthfael, then traces a question mark in the air.
How is she supposed to ask 'why'? She wants to ask why he's here. She points at him again, then downwards, then traces a question mark again.
Arthfael blinks uncomprehendingly. The slimegirl's intended question involved some level of abstraction, and he didn't realize it immediately. What he "heard" was basically "you floor?". Which could mean a lot of things, really. It didn't help that the most literal interpretation was clearly nonsense; of course Arthfael isn't the floor. Maybe "floor" was a verb of some kind? A way of asking if he cleaned it or something? He'd think she'd at least indicate a broom or something if that was the case.

Maybe she meant the locale. "You Trog's?" made slightly more sense. Okay, run with that. Clearly a question, so... "Who you Trog's?" Nope. "What you Trog's?" As in, "What are you doing at Trog's?". That worked, he supposed, except he already answered it. "When you Trog's?" How long has he been here? No, she didn't reference time in any way, that didn't quite make sense. "Where you Trog's?" Also didn't make sense. She knew exactly where in Trog's he was. She was right next to him. "Why you Trog's?" Why are you here? That fit, and it'd be a fair question. There were plenty of other places he could have gone to just "get out of the house", and most of them wouldn't have a problem with him being a minor. So why a tavern?

"Ah.. w-well..." Arthfael stammers. "You know what it's like. You see a door someone tells you not to go through, and the thing you want most in that moment is to be on the other side of it." He shrugs. "It's stupid, I know, but my uncle is such a stickler for the rules that I've gotta break a couple every now and then just to stay sane. And I don't just mean in the house, either. He's all 'chivalry this' and 'honor that', and he's got a procedure for everything. It's stifling."