View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

The day @babus has been waiting for has arrived: I have finally made the base puppet trait do something. As expected, this doubled the length of the puppet description. I basically moved a weaker version of the Shifting Strings cord extension ability (1 cord, 40' max) and altered Shifting Strings to improve that (still 3x cord, 120' max). Un-extended puppets cannot leave your space EDIT: Well, "cannot leave" bit was sort of always the intent, in a confusing manner that's now in the past >.>. Wording was updated as well, notable changes are 1lb->5lb, some clarification on puppets using Oppose/Support on each other/themselves, Myriad Self getting updated to match current puppet (it had some text that made no sense), and misc wording tweaks to match the new base trait.

I also tweaked the puppet description in general, I think it better describes what puppets can and cannot do now. Most recent addition was noting that if you're hit with an AOE you're only effected once. 400% damage from fireballs is not risk vs reward, it's a crippling design flaw. Granted, you could have already interpreted it to only effect you once (since not doing so is dooming the character), but now it is specified.

----

Base Eye trait can now make perception checks as a bonus action. I might remove the advantage VS blinding to reduce Base Alteration bonus clutter.

-----

I also nerfed Terpsichorean Limbs - the bonus action gives disadvantage on AoO's instead of negating them entirely. It also gives disadvantage to Investigation checks, which.. generally only has synergy with illusions but some Ozodrin will have access to those.

Other stuff was done this week as well, it's in the log~

-----------------

Edit: More Tentacle tweaks. Aim is for Tentacle to be more interesting at low levels. I like how Devious Tentacles turned out. Edit: I might change the slight of hands thing to a bonus die. The Free Object interaction stuff I think is good, though.

Edit: BIG CHANGES for EYE trait. Especially TI. I think Murmuring at TII should probably be looked at.. but TI eye should be a fair bit more dynamic now. Also might be possible to pull a wis/cha Eye build now.

Edit: More changes to Eye, including Murmuring! Also some other tweaks. Filtering Flesh was replaced with Accommodating Flesh and moved to T1 (Energy Consuming moved to T2). Accommodating Flesh is something that could not have been balanced at T1 before the change to long-rest reforming, imo (it gains the ability to be altered at-will when you get Colluding Anatomy [before you get Mallable Flesh]).

Over all, the intent of these changes are to make lvl 1-5 Ozodrin more interesting to play, as most campaigns are in the 1-11 range and for many traits the first 5 levels were kind of dry. Also trying to make the more niche alterations (Filtering, Murmuring) more general-purpose in use. The "choose an option" mechanic is seeing far more use now as a way to combine smaller thematic effects into one ability, hope people like that. >.>
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2021-08-01 at 04:13 PM.