Originally Posted by Rodin
…I’m prepared to accept "half of everybody went poof" without going into a deep supply-side economics analysis of how that would work. The MCU asks me to believe three more improbable things before breakfast.
I can believe improbable things and enjoy the detailed analysis.

Not everyone wants to engage to the same extent, and that’s fine. So many questions occur to me that I want to explore the ramifications, which for me is a hallmark of an interesting setting.

One of the questions the MCU has already raised is why some people, e.g. the Flag Smashers, preferred the post-Snap world when most of what we’ve seen of it looked fairly bleak. We have an ideological answer from Karli and her compatriots, but I’m interested in the broader context that contributed to that ideology, which means understanding the sequence of events after the first Snap.

And the MCU isn’t done with the Snap, since the Hawkeye series will evidently be spending some additional time in that period. If it follows Hawkeye’s descent into Ronin after losing his family, we may see a fair amount more of what took place just after the Snap.