The Spotter
Order 1/Mastermind 3(/Druid X)
Any Race (suggest either VHuman/CL if there's a particular feat you want, since we'll be featless for a long time; or any variety of Dwarf to avoid the heavy armor speed penalty and get better stats)
Stats: Max WIS, 15 STR (unless you prefer medium armor), 13+ DEX, rest to taste

Flavor-wise, these classes clash quite a bit. I am thinking our protagonist begins their journey as a manipulator, using a mix of legal trickery with the occasional outright deception to con others.

Mechanically, this build is designed to be paired with any of the Sharpshooter or Great Weapon Master builds floating around, as well as your friendly neighborhood Rogue who I'm sure will love you for making their life easier regarding reaction Sneak Attacks. The Druid subclass is up to personal preference; I figured we'd be triggering the Order 1 ability with Healing Word pretty often, so pairing that with Stars Druid's Chalice form seemed like a no-brainer. You can also go back to more Order Cleric levels if you want something like Aid.

I've chosen to take the Order level first so that we can sit on the frontlines in heavy armor and a shield right away. If you prefer having more skill proficiencies, better weapon proficiencies, DEX saves over WIS saves, etc. consider taking one or more of the Rogue levels first.

The combo I'm going for here comes online at level 4, that is, Order 1/Mastermind 3. The Mastermind 3 ability allows us to Help as a bonus action, as well as Help our allies attack targets when we're within 30 feet of the target instead of 5. We then immediately cast a spell on an ally, who can make a weapon attack with their reaction thanks to Order 1. Good spells to combo with are Bless, Cure Wounds, and Healing Word (note that we can still Help with our regular action and Healing Word with our bonus action).

When we aren't burning spell slots, we're making small Sneak Attacks at range with the light crossbow that Clerics are allowed to start out with, using our cantrips, or attacking with a dagger of all things (it's the only finesse simple weapon, so we can Sneak Attack in melee if we have one). Heavy armor and shield proficiencies make us rather unappetizing targets.