Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
I will try to be more succinct:

What 3E products were licensed, but not printed, by WotC.

Besides the obvious books, and online articles, what else did WotC publish for 3E (i.e. 3E Diablo, game day modules etc.)?

What is the licensing/"official" status of the following:

1. 3E Dragonlance books besides the campaign setting book.
  2. 3E Kalamar books.
  3. 3E Ravenloft books.
Diablo is a standalone book that's kind of meant to be in its own separate ecosystem, even though it is compatible. It's not canon for D&D 3.5e, partly because of that and partly because WotC's license for the setting expired and they had no reason to continue supporting it. Similarly, D20 Modern is published by WotC under the d20 System, but is considered a separate, independent ruleset.

Organized Play modules are also published by WotC, IIRC, but most of them are very difficult to find as they were not widely distributed.

Dragonlance and Ravenloft operate under the "You have the license for X years, go nuts" model that I mentioned above (except for DCS and EtCR). This means they're technically d20 products that simply take place in official D&D settings. IMO, they should be treated as canonical for their setting, but non-canonical for any other setting. Kalamar is kind of similar, although presumably the terms of its license were different, since Kalamar was the publisher's setting, not D&D's. It's 3rd party, but they managed to get the rights to display the D&D branding on it.

Since their original publication, the licenses have lapsed. WotC has taken back control over Dragonlance and Ravenloft, and cut Kalamar loose. The DMs Guild (official outlet for D&D PDFs) now retroactively lists WotC as the publisher for the Dragonlance and Ravenloft books. Kalamar is not listed on the DMs Guild, and is instead relegated to the parent site, DriveThruRPG, which hosts most of the other 3rd party d20 PDFs.