View Single Post

Thread: Savage Tide Reboot IC

1. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Savage Tide Reboot IC

Lara leans forward on the rail as she overseas the hive of activity as her command makes ready for sea, her new captain's proudly worn at a jaunty angle.

Down on the deck below Sasha the Wyvern's long-haired half-orc siege engineer fusses over her new artillery pieces. Nearby Bellin Oakwood, the bosun, is overseeing a crew of sailors winching an enormous water leaguer through the ship's main hatch. Lara knows that below decks a dozen more of the burliest crew members will be toiling at the capstan to lower the gigantic barrel, itself more than a tonne, safely down into the hold below. By Lara's side a slender halfing woman scribbles furiously in an enormous ledger half her size as she makes notes of everything brought aboard wherever it's to be stored for the journey.

As the passengers begin to arrive Lara catches Lavinia's eye and smiles warmly at her benefactor before making her way down to greet the new arrivals. The brothers and the missionaries she welcomes aboard confidently, quickly assigning them to berths in the forecastle bunkroom as the halfling woman by her side records meticulously their names, belongings and berths.

To the priest: "It's my pleasure Mr Feres, as we're going out that way anyway. You can pick a berth in the forecastle bunkroom. The head is right there in the bow, and if you can stomach it food will be served in the ward room aft of the lower deck several times daily. If you need anything be sure to let myself or Lieutenant Alden know. Ask any of the crew and they'll be able to direct you to her. I hope you enjoy your trip with us."

To the gnome: "Ah, you've been to the Isle of Dread? Excellent! I'm sure our Sailing Master Davtrix will be delighted to hear anything you remember about the island. I believe you and he will have a lot in common. Be sure to keep those poisons secure whilst aboard - we have a secure medical cabinet in the strongroom below if you'd prefer, speak to Dr Barlow for access. Did you hear everything I told Mr Feres? Excellent. I hope you enjoy your trip with us."

To Lirrith: "A woman after my own heart! Well we'll see what we can provide in that regard. In the meantime if you'd like a chance to try your hand about ship speak to Bellin when he's free - he's the handsome elf over there with the winch crew - and we'll see where we can put you to work! Forecastle bunkroom's that way, the head is in the bow. You can get your meals in the wardroom below aft."

To the untalkative one she merely gestures towards the forecastle. After he's gone Lara makes an aside to her halfling assistant: "Kelsey, make a note to have Vindalf keep an eye on that one."

Next up, Aramus. "Ah, Aramus, Lavinia let us know to be expecting you. I look forward to working together. If you head aft from here you'll find the party accommodation under the quarterdeck. Pick one of the free cabins as you wish. We'll be taking food in the great cabin and the officer's privy is in the wing gallery. I'll have a chance to chat more later."

And then comes Avner Meravanchi. Lara sucks her lip at Lavinia's warning and the sight of his entourage - the horse in particular. "A challenge then. Alright, we'll keep an eye on him." Lara graps the arm of a passing half-orc. "Kraask, send word for the carpenter please," she instructs before turning back to greet the young noble.

"Avner, a pleasure to have you aboard," she smiles winningly, turning on the charm. "I'm Lara Dantalion and this is my ship. Certainly I think we can accommodate you. Kelsey, please inform The Master he's to move into your cabin. I know it's not ideal, but you can sling your hammock in the ship's office. Have Lord Meravanchi's chest taken below at once," Lara continues smoothly, playing off the noble's misconception about titles aboard a sailing ship. "Your servants will need to berth with the crew I'm afraid, we have a full manifest of passengers on this trip."

At this moment a tool-belted gnome woman hurries up with the half-orc Kraask in tow. "Ah, Tasha, great timing. This is Tasha Goodsong, ship's carpenter. Tasha, I need you to rig a stable for Lord Meravanchi's horse in the starboard forecastle. Put up some partition walls and as much ventilation as possible. That way he'll be able to come out on deck as weather allows. Apologise to our guests there for the disruption and help them get resettled on the port side."

"That's the best accommodation we can manage for a horse," Lara reassures Avner. "The alternative would be to put him down in the hold, but that's a miserable existence on a long sea voyage."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2021-08-01 at 06:39 PM.