Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
I don't disagree with their right to do something, but if people want to be offended and think that GW is acting in bad faith then that's a fair accusation to make.
GW is a supplier of plastic figurines. Have your figurines not been what had been advertised, defective, broken, etc? Because thats 'acting in bad faith'. They have never taken any commitment with fan creators or agreed to any responsabilities towards the fans. Thats on the fans and their made up expectations.

Every purchase you make is based on a certain level of trust in the other party to the transaction, if that counterparty starts acting in a way that puts a particular transaction, and, subsequently, the entire transactional history into question then its fair that people are irked at the situation.
Is GW some sort of crowdfund or support purveyor for animation artists? You pay GW (or a retailer who bought from GW) plastic miniatures. Thats it. Thats as far as your transactions, past and present, go. You may imagine or assume that with this you're "supporting", "reinforcing", "steering" or "rewarding", but none of those show on your receipt. You pay X dollars for Y models, thats all. No strings attached.

Calling being irked an "entitlement" is incorrect and tone deaf. Bad faith is a thing. And, yes, people can be judged "evil, stupid or greedy" based on their conduct, why would you think otherwise? I'm not saying that this situation rises to that level, but to throw such concepts out wholesale doesn't make sense.
Having a huge block of resin in the forehead of the colossal squig is bad faith; I pay for a model and the model comes messed up. No ring binding in products clearly shown to have it is bad faith, as the advertisement was misleading.

Being hurt because some third party had been using private property with no permission and is quitting is pure entitlement. Its scrub mentality; making all these imaginary rules and restrictions and obligations that nobody ever agreed to, then acting indignant when they're 'broken'.