1. - Top - End - #696
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLII: The Dice Make Fools of Us All

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Thats what I mean with scrub mentality. That feeling of betrayal, of duplicity, of 'bad faith' as if there had ever been any sort of agreement on what GW should or would do, unspoken or otherwise. Had they made a promise then backed out, I'd be lighting my torch too. But the didn't, and from past precedent they've always been this way and are being consistent with their reputation going back decades. So where does the outrage, surprise and heartache come from? Its like a simp crying because their twitch idol got married.
    Honestly? I was going to just stop buying and not say anything because yes, it's a normal part of doing business. Cheesegear then implied that the people 'dropping' GW were, categorically, players with expansive collections and have not bought new models in years. As someone in the 'relatively new and active consumer' demographic that he's previously and repeatedly mentioned GW wants to court to keep growth alive, I felt obliged to mention that GW is provably losing at least some customers in my demographic as a direct result of the decision.

Your attack on my anecdotal evidence felt like you had an expectation that I should keep buying because I was a former customer, which was confusing and a little insulting.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2021-08-05 at 08:57 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show