PP: 15 PIv: 12 PIs: 15
Conditions:
Concentration:

Kalib
Golden Eagle Familiar (Hawk size/stats)
AC: 13 HP: 1/1

Spoiler: Kite Fighting continued
Show

Yusha beams proudly down on the old timer as Kalib circles overhead, accepting the two tokens in one hand and gesturing with the other. The image of a kite guided by a semi-transparent, gold-gauntleted hand appears with Yusha pictured far below. Another gesture from Yusha and a few words appear under the image. "The glory belongs to Abadar, sir. His hand guides us all." Despite the obvious piety, however, Yusha radiates self-satisfaction as he tries and fails to master the smile plastered on his face. "Umeli? Is that the correct spelling? I have heard the name before. She studied kites as well as cyphers?"

Spoiler: Memory Games continued
Show

As Melfin and Migsy have their fun at Yusha's expense, the warforged tries hard to ignore the muttering of the crowd, but fails miserably. His performance degrades further as more and more processing power is diverted, his mind thoroughly distracted until finally he pushes back from the table to leave. A subtle beeping catches his attention just before the judge intervenes. Thoughts of petty embarrassment are propelled to the background as he watches justice in action, though he's further distracted by the magical dish perched on the man's skull. Yusha frowns after the man, deciding too late to follow him and quickly losing him in the crowd.

Yusha watches in silent amazement as the problem solves itself. A thoroughly imbalanced creature comes running towards him, parting the crowd as he sprints away from the Pavilion of Prizes ahead, but his steps are cut short. One moment, Yusha worries that he might have to call on Abadar for aid. The next moment, it becomes wholly unnecessary as the man sizzles out of existence.

There are rules. Rules that should be followed. Some laws are made by men. Others, by the gods, and there are no greater laws than those. But some laws are made by the Ancients. Yusha is heartened to see that the cyphers follow a set of rules related to their number, and that the cyphers themselves delivered justice blindly. What could be more proper? Ignorance of the law excuses no one. The man without balance would no longer trouble anyone else.

At Iban's invitation, Yusha steps into the pavilion without another thought. The warforged patiently waits his turn with a pleasant smile, then walks up to the man and wordlessly proffers four tokens, silently communicating as needed to make his wishes known. A cypher. He hadn't held much hope of finding himself in possession of one so quickly, and the anticipation of the unknown tugged at the corners of his mouth, broadening the smile.

After receiving his boon from Abadar via the shopkeeper, Yusha finds himself confronted with a familiar face. Well, a familiar mask, rather. Dressed in strange robes and carrying a stranger lantern, the woman still might've escaped notice if it hadn't been for the mask. Yusha contents himself with watching her for a few minutes, but eventually strikes up the nerve to ask after his heart's desire. The full story.

Walking up and seeking her attention, Yusha gestures to project an image of the woman and Yusha walking different paths, but where the road ahead is unclear there are a few places the paths cross behind them. Illusory words follow the image, albeit delayed as Yusha carefully tries to 'say' the right things. "Forgive me, I hope I'm not intruding. I enjoyed our bout with kites, but afterwards I found my way to the storyteller's tent." An image of Yusha appears, literally sitting on the edge of his seat, fingers steepled in front of his mouth as he stares intently at the strange woman on stage. "I enjoyed your story even more. There were many great teller's." One last image appears, this time showing one of Tyr's faithful, a half-orc taking the prize with Yusha beaming silently while the rest of the crowd cheers. "But now that the competition is over and it is no longer improper, would you retell the story of the moon mother with images as well as words?"