Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
And Thanos vs. Asgard with Hela in charge…isn’t a good day for Thanos.
Drat, now I want to see this too!

Quote Originally Posted by M1982 View Post
Or what would T3 or IW have looked like if Thor&Friends would have brought a couple of those "stun disks" with them.

Just imagine Hela and Thanos getting one-shot with those devices :)
I just want to see Infinity War with Ant Man present at the Battle of Wakanda - a couple of those shrinky-dink discs thrown at the murder mowers would have changed the whole course of the battle. Suddenly they’re only knee high and go from massive engines of destruction to a nuisance at best, and Scarlet Witch stays where she is, so that Black Order member can’t get to Vision…

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
First, let's look at the immediate effects. Half the people on airplanes will, of course, be dusted... but a quarter of airplanes will lose both their pilot and their co-pilot. Those planes are all crashing, killing everyone on board, plus whatever they hit.
Tyndmyr had a really good post on this in the FATWS thread.

Everyone on a major road, or the sidewalk next to it, is dead. When half the cars on the road suddenly go driverless, everyone crashes.
This isn’t necessarily the case; it will at least partially depend on speed. If a given location is in the middle of rush hour traffic, then half the cars will start idling very slowly forward until they bump into the car in front of them (or other obstacles), but that won’t generally be fast enough to do enough damage to kill the remaining occupants.

The sidewalks might be a little safer in a big city if there are a lot in the way of parked cars on the side of the road being barriers, and the cars that are now driverless would, I presume, keep going forward in a straight line with no hand on the wheel. They might be more dangerous if they were already turning or if something hits them at speed sufficiently to change their direction. I wouldn’t want to be at an intersection during the Snap.

Some households are suddenly entirely empty (half of all single-resident households, a quarter of the two-resident, etc.). In a few of those households, someone just put something on to boil, or started some other similar process that needs supervision. Expect a large number of fires to start, within an hour after the Snap.
This is a good point. I’d be more worried about the mom-and-pop restaurants since those would be more likely to be cooking at a given time and less likely to use a microwave than a residence.