View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1242 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1242 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flechette63 View Post
    One quibble I haven't seen brought up. Elves are typically immune to sleep effects so unless that's been waived I suspect the poison causes "unconscious" or something similar but distinct from "sleep". That might change what it takes to undo the condition.
    The only poison effect in the Rules As Written that knocks people out (and isn't just tons of mental ability score damage) is explicitly "Unconsciousness" rather than "Sleep" so that elves aren't immune to it - considering the primary poison that does that is Drow poison, and they like to use it on above-ground elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    That's... debatable? All drive to do something are fueled by emotions who may in turn be triggered by one's moral compass. Given that Belkar is now indifferent to his own survival I'm not as sure as you are that Roy would still be willing to fight unless prompted as Belkar is now.
    Calm Emotions explicitly allows affected creatures to defend themselves, so it definitely doesn't suppress survival instinct.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2021-08-18 at 12:45 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."