Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
Spoiler
Show
I do kind of wonder if they’re going use the Deviants to populate the MCU Savage Land.
Spoiler: Savage Thoughts
Show
I only vaguely recall the Savage Land, and I have to wonder if that concept would be as plausible these days. Wakanda hiding under a giant holodome is something I can roll with, but how would the Savage Land escape detection? Unless there are Savage Land wizards or whatnot?

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
Spoiler
Show
I believe that’s a Celestial. I think you were in the last thread where it came up but for the people that weren’t: remember Knowhere in Guardians of the Galaxy? That was a Celestial’s head.
Spoiler: Knowhow
Show
Yup, familiar with Knowhere, especially given the reminder from What If yesterday.

Was it also a Celestial who was briefly shown using the Power Stone, in the little presentation that the Collector gave in the first Guardians movie? I remember six eyes, a big staff, purple lightning and lots of people being vaporized.

Originally Posted by Wintermoot
I think the movie looks beautiful, but it wasn't what I was hoping for I guess.
As someone with nearly zero exposure to the original comics, this just looks overwhelmingly generic to me.

At least for me, it might have worked better if it came much earlier in the MCU. But as it is, I just don’t see anything to care about. I’m much more interested in the Neolithic goat-herders than the people who are supposed to be protecting them.

From, apparently, the one threat that hasn’t shown up in the last seven thousand years?