View Single Post

Thread: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ozodrin (5E Conversion, PEACH)

@Qwertystop: I was hoping for your thoughts, and with that the Fin changes have been made! Well, they were made after your response with this post being a few days afterword.. *anyway*

In addition to the Fin overhaul, and some recent puppet changes, the Eye trait was overhauled this morning/last night! Most of the Eye trait has been tweaked to some degree. This was a side effect of trying to make Tier I/II Eye more interesting to play. I had also felt the Tier IV Eye was kind of lackluster and less thematic than some of the other Tier IV traits. I am iffy about the new version of Delving Sight though, as it is very wordy right now and I'm not sure what it does is worth the text wall.

I'm also iffy about the (reworked) "Time" option for Eldritch Sight. It's an extremely niche ability that is generally going to do nothing or provide a fast solution to something that might have been more interesting to figure out the long way. Aside from that, it's mostly just useful for snooping on someone you were afraid to get too close to but the 10 minute limit probably isn't enough for that. But making it longer would dramatically increase its potential to mess up any kind of whodunit type plot. It might help in a chase sequence? Maybe?

Edit: I'm thinking of replacing Time with:
    Spoiler: NeoTimeOption
    Show
    [*]Time. Choose one object, section of wall, corpse, etc, or willing creature you can see within 60' of you that occupies no more than a 100’ cube worth of space. Then choose a period of time, such as “100 years”. You see how the target looked at that period of time. If the target did not exist at the chosen time, you feel a brief sense of pain and the attempt fails. This effect lasts until the end of your next turn.

Spoiler: OLD TIME
    Show
    [*]Time. You gaze up to 10 minutes into the past as if you were standing at your current location at that time, beginning at the most distant point in time you wish to view and perceiving time from that point onward. You remain aware of your surroundings in the present while viewing the past, and can make Wisdom(Perception) checks, but are otherwise Incapacitated for the duration of the effect. If you’ve made the Heightened Senses alteration you can hear the past as well as see it. This effect lasts for 10 minutes or until you choose to end it on your turn.

Neo Time is also super niche but has more random "fun" or at least interesting uses and when it does come up it is unlikely to be automatically resolving a challenge.

Edit: The first version of time originally gave the possibility of seeing much farther into the past (DM discretion) but was kind of clunky and "the DM can use you to exposition dump if they feel like it otherwise this does nothing"-y.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2021-09-08 at 12:57 PM.